To create an EBI Schema without an XSD or DTD file we will look outside of EBI for a solution. XMLSpy offers us a solution to create the XSD file.
- Open up the XML file with XMLSpy
- Once the XML file is opened, choose drop down menu "DTD/Schema"
- Choose menu option "Generate DTD/Schema"
- Using the default options, make sure the first option of "W3C Schema" is chosen.
- Once the XSD is created, import this file into EXTOL.
Note: There might be additional steps needed due to the complexity of the XML data. If further explanation or assistance is needed, please feel free to contact me.
By: Sean Hoppe on